Search the Voluntary Roster by clicking here.
The CMLTO Voluntary Roster of Registered Medical Laboratory Technicians is now accepting applications!
To begin the application process, click here.
You will be directed to a secure web page (see right) in a new window to sign in and start entering your educational, employment, and personal information.
The process should take about 20 minutes.
To apply to the Voluntary Roster, you will be required to:
1. Complete an online application form.
2. Submit the assessment application fee of $100.00+ $13.00 HST.
3. Submit supporting documentation.
Once CMLTO receives your completed application form, payment and supporting documentation, the application will be processed.
Upon inclusion on the Voluntary Roster, you will be required to pay a one-time Voluntary Roster fee of $ 25.00 + 3.25 HST to be included on the Voluntary Roster until March 31, 2017.
Dates and proper names of employers and educational institutes are required, so you may find having your resume at hand will make the task simpler.
Documents (in PDF form) you may need, as appropriate, to complete the application:
You may use Visa, MasterCard®, Discover, American Express®, Visa Debit or PayPal to pay the fees.
Voluntary Roster criteria
1. 1950 hours of general clinical laboratory and/or phlebotomy work experience over the last five (5) years
2. Graduation from a medical laboratory technician or assistant program that is:
accredited by the Canadian Medical Association, orapproved by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, orapproved by the Ontario Society for Medical Technologists.
3. Current certification with the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) or the Ontario Society for Medical Technologists (OSMT), and 900 hours of general clinical laboratory and/or phlebotomy work experience within the last three (3) years
For more detailed information download the Voluntary Roster Criteria for Registered Medical Laboratory Technicians (PDF).
Those individuals who successfully meet the criteria for registration on the voluntary roster will be granted access to the designation of "Registered Medical Laboratory Technician" (Technicien(ne) de Laboratoire Médical Autorisé(e)) or "Registered Medical Laboratory Assistant" (Assistant(e) de Laboratoire Médical Autorisé(e)). Please refer to this disclaimer for further information.
Read the FAQ for more information about the initiative.
Read the FAQ (PDF) about the Voluntary Roster developed specifically for employers.
Sign up to be notified about news regarding this initiative.